ISPCONFIG3 Database, Dovecot allow_net extra field

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Maile Halatuituia, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Hi Till
    Is it possible that i can alter mail_user table to add extra field allow_net for allowing only my subnets in logging in to Dovecot or maybe a different approach which is already work.
    Thanks

2. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

At first glance I don't see any issue adding extra fields to the table, just remember your changes if you migrate to a fresh installed system. However I'm no developer just looked at some codes very quick. Therefore I'd suggest adding fields at the end of the other tuples.

3. I see it is easy to do that straight to the mail server database, but my question whether this can be accessible on the control panel where i add the new email so i can do it from there instead on manually do it everytime

4. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

If you want to switch the value for a field in the database, adjust the file under web/mail/form and the template.

5. thanks florian for your reply ... please could you elaborate on your comment above ... i assume you meant i can add a field on the add email form that include allow_nets as well ... is that what you meant above, if so please explain a little more detail .... thanks in advance