ISPconfig3-Deb5-problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jacksmerv, May 12, 2011.

1. jacksmerv

jacksmerv New Member

Hi,
    I have installed Debian5 Lenny and ISPconfig3 and it was working perfectly. Now i have changed the public IP of the server that is different internet provider. Now it refused to work, not even i can't ping any website. Able to ping same netmask IP. A record and everything changed and waited for 3 days, still not able to browse from other network. Can anyone please give me a solution?

Thanks in advance

2. otacon

otacon New Member

Ok so you can't get on the internet with your server, but it seems to work on the local network.

We need to know more about your physical network.

Is this a dynamic or static ip address and if it is static then has it changed with the new ISP?

Do you have a cable or DSL modem?

What is between the modem and the server?

Did the ISP give you any new equipment that was not there before?

Are other computers in the house able to get on the internet through the same router/modem?

3. jacksmerv

jacksmerv New Member

It is static IP and leased line. For example it is working in 180.151.xxx.12 network . ping any ip in this network and browse this webserver from any ip from the same network. But not working from other IP 115.160.xxx.xxx

Even in this network application showing error like this

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/XXXX/modules/Home/Dashlets/RSSDashlet/RSSDashlet.php on line 138

Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/XXXX/modules/Home/Dashlets/RSSDashlet/RSSDashlet.php on line 138

pls help

4. otacon

otacon New Member

ok so the server's static ip has changed.

Have you done:

1. edited /etc/network/interfaces with the new Static IP address?

2. edited /etc/hosts with the new Static IP address?

3. Added the new IP address into ispconfig control panel. (more than likely not the issue since your server seems to not be able to ping websites.)

Be sure to restart you network after this.