ISPConfig3 Debian8 Master/Slave dbispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rickbyronit, Nov 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rickbyronit

rickbyronit Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    ISPConfig3
    Debian8
    Master/Slave replication
    Should the dbispconfig databases be in sync in a master/slave configuration?
    Mine are not.
    Not sure if this is a concern or not.

Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

dbispconfig1 on master should be in sync with dbispconfig1 on the slave, same with dbispconfig2 master/slave, but dbispconfig1 has different data than dbispconfig2, so dbispconfig1 should not be in sync with dbispconfig2.

3. rickbyronit

rickbyronit Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you Till for your reply,

I have about a week ago done a reset of the master/slave after not having a binlog file that was required to repair an out of sync situation.
    The slave not says it is '0' seconds behind the master, and new changes I have made are being replicated.

I had dumped the master to a single file 'dbdump.sql' to put back onto the slave.
    Quite a while ago during an update of ISPConfig on the master 'Debian 8' I accidentally upgraded/updated mysql to mariadb.
    Everything seemed to be fine on the slave for over 12 months.

When I tried to restore the dump file, I had a number of issues with foreign keys and a couple of others issues.
    I had numerous databases on the master that were no longer required, so via ISPConfig on the master (with the slave stpped) I removed a number of databases and their users.
    I took a new dump on the master and used it to populate the slave server, the process completed without error.

So now:
    MASTER dbispconfig1 has 11,651,879 bytes in 294 files
    SLAVE dbispconfig1 has 11,518,675 bytes in 294 files

MASTER dbispconfig2 has 2,516,207 bytes in 292 files
    SLAVE dbispconfig2 has 1,979,403 bytes in 294 files

Would the best way forward be to stop the slave, take a backup of dbispconfig1 and dbispconfig2 on the master with 'drop tables' and upload them to the slave, then restart the slave?

Looking for clues, your help is much appreciated.