ISPConfig3 -- Dumb Question - DNS record setup

Discussion in 'General' started by grandpagenocide, Apr 27, 2008.

1. grandpagenocide

grandpagenocide New Member

I set up the dns record in ispconfig, set the a record and server etc, and i keep getting the apache test page. How do I properly set up a record in ISPConfig3?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

DNS records and sites are two different things.

First, test with e.g. the dig command if your DNS record works and points to the correct IP address.

If thats all fine, make sure that you select the correct IP address for the website or * in the website settings.

3. grandpagenocide

Thanks till, I have the site working now. Let me ask you this, it didnt create the default page or error pages, are they not included in the beta or is this an error in my set up?

4. till

The default and error pages are included and should be copied to the new site. Maybe its a bug in the current release, I will add it to the bugtracker for review.

5. grandpagenocide

Thanks, I am going to try the svn, I dont really intend on using isp3 for sites at the moment, only as dns, but playing around with all the features on test server. Just out of curiosity is there any work being done on mydnsconfig? It looks like exactlywhat I am looking for in dns, but hasnt been updated in some time

6. till

ISPConfig 3 is the update on mydnsconfig. MyDNSConfig was just a prerelease of the ISPConfig 3 DNS module.

7. grandpagenocide

I seen it was part of it, I love the idea of client managed dns, eliminates some big pains in the posterior that I have with some of my clients if I can keep it simple for them