ISPConfig3 Installation MySQL Login Failure

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by PC Networks, Mar 27, 2013.

1. PC Networks

PC Networks New Member

Hello group...

I just know I am going to catch hell for this.

I have followed: The Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) [ISPConfig 2]

With the following exception(s) to it's end
    When attempting to install the following as defined on Page 3:
    Code:
    apt-get install binutils cpp fetchmail flex gcc libarchive-zip-perl libc6-dev libcompress-zlib-perl libdb-dev libpcre3 libpopt-dev lynx m4 make ncftp nmap openssl perl perl-modules unzip zip zlib1g-dev autoconf automake1.9 libtool bison autotools-dev g++ build-essential
    This notice was returned:
    Code:
    Package libcompress-zlib-perl is a virtual package provided by:
      perl 5.14.2-6ubuntu2.3
      libio-compress-perl 2.048-1
    You should explicitly select one to install.

E: Package 'libcompress-zlib-perl' has no installation candidate
    SOLUTION: I elected to utilize libio-compress-perl 2.048-1
    As the following:
    Code:
    apt-get install binutils cpp fetchmail flex gcc libarchive-zip-perl libc6-dev libio-compress-perl libdb-dev libpcre3 libpopt-dev lynx m4 make ncftp nmap openssl perl perl-modules unzip zip zlib1g-dev autoconf automake1.9 libtool bison autotools-dev g++ build-essential
    I also disabled IPv6

To install ISPConfig3 I elected to use the HowTo: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-squeeze-with-bind-and-dovecot-ispconfig-3-p6

starting at page 6 section 19 Install ISPConfig 3

The Issue: When running the installation of ISPConfig3 I am able to provide all data, but maybe this one piece is an issue? The FQDN- this is a local test server only and I do not have a domain name, presently the machines hostname is RADIUS.
    Anyhow, after creating the MySQL server hostname, root username, root password, CHARSET, and dbispconfig MySQL returns the following:
    Code:
    Unable to connect to the specified MySQL server Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    MySQL server hostname [localhost]:
    I have attempted running
    Code:
     mysql -h localhost -u root -p
    which returns the following:
    Code:
    Enter password:
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Thanking you in advance for your help with this matter.

Best Regards
    Pat Taylor