ISPConfig3 Landing Page...

Discussion in 'General' started by Zippy, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Zippy

Zippy Member

Hello everyone,

This is my second attempt at using ISPConfig3 - this time I set up my system based on the recommended setup = Debian Wheezy.

I started out with CentOS and NGINX but was told that NGINX is like a formula 1 car - fast, but you have to know how to drive it. So I opted for the more forgiving and flexible Apache this time!

After all the setup I realized one thing - I was never using ISPConfig 3 with my last install - nothing I placed in my ISPConfig3 panel made any difference to my site. I was running my site directly through NGINX!!

Now I have the same thing again - I can access my server from the outside, I have my site set up in ISPConfig 3 and have uploaded all my site files to the correct folder. However, instead of getting the ISPConfig3 index.html landing page I am getting the default apache landing page!!!??

Can anyone help me understand why my function ISPConfig3 system is not accessible? Why am I getting the landing page for Apache and NOT my ISPConfig3 installation!!??

Thank you!
    John

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

maybe you used a wrong hostname for your server. the server hostname may not be the same then a website that you configure.

you can check it like this:

run:

hostname

and

hostname -f

none of the above commands may return the mname of your website. The tutorials instruct you to use a hostname like server1.example.com. If you would have used e.g example.com or www.example.com, then you will not be able to add example.com as website.

3. Zippy

Zippy Member

Thanks Till, I do have my server hostname as server1.example.com as directed in the tutorial.

I am in the process of transferring my domain right now so I will try again once I get the transfer complete!!

Thanks again!