ISPConfig3 Lenny - Mail Back Up Solution?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Tezux, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Tezux

Tezux New Member

Well after running my new Mail Server now for about 3 weeks I am confident its working basically perfect so I have been planning more ideas with it and then it suddenly occurred to me, hmmm How Do I BackUp all the Mail thats on my Server so I can transfer it to my other Mail Server which I have set up in case something goes wrong?
    So the question is, how do I Back Up all the email's on my Debian Lenny Mail Server with ISPConfig3 installed?? I cant see any options in anything that would make this possible?:confused:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The mails are stored in subdirectories of the /var/vmail directory, so it should be enough to back this directory up.

3. Tezux

Tezux New Member

Ahhh great, thanks for that Falko, does this back up Autoresponders aswell? I mean does it back up all the ISPConfig settings, like Spam filters, alias and forwarding settings etc? Im guessing your gonna say no to this question, so how would I back up those settings aswell?
    Thanks

4. falko

5. Tezux

Tezux New Member

Thanks Falko, but now you have lost me completely.

What is that and what does it do? Ive never seen that before? :eek::eek::eek:

6. falko

It's a MySQL database where all ISPConfig settings are stored.

7. Tezux

Tezux New Member

Thanks, now I understand