ISPconfig3 + postfixadmin

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by dxr, Jun 28, 2009.

1. dxr

dxr New Member

Hi,

A lot of servers have postfixadmin solution because is very easy and you can configure some mailserver for email solution.

Should very good idea implement a plugin for can management the emails with postfixadmin solution.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ISPConfig mail module is a replacement for postfixadmin, so this does not make any sense for me. Thats as if you ask to integrate mozilla firefox into internet explorer.

3. dxr

dxr New Member

But, i can not manage my mailserver database with ispconfig.

4. till

then ISPConfig is not installed correctly on your system or you installed ispconfig on a system were you had setup an incompatible mailsystem before without reinstalling the operating system.

ISPConfig uses mysql as database for the mailserver. Just install ispconfig 3 as described in the perfect server guide for ISPConfig 3 and you can configure your complete mailserver with it. Make sure that the server is empty and not configured before you install ispconfig (see the guide for details).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  5. dxr

dxr New Member

i have >100 email accounts with postfixadmin database :S

6. till

Then you have to migrate your accounts to ispconfig if you want to use ispconfig.

ISPConfig is not made for managing the postfixadmin database and postfixadmin is not made to manage the ispconfig database. Same as you can not use postfixadmin to manage a microsoft excghange server etc. If you want to use a controlpanel you will have to install your server as described in the instructions for this controlpanel and not as described in instructions for a complete different software.

7. dxr

dxr New Member

But, ispconfig use courier, i amd using postfix + dovecot + mysql with multipleservers.

I think i can not use ispconfig for management remote mailserver

8. till

And ISPConfig uses postfix, courier and mysql qiwth multiple servers. As dovecot uses maildir too, the format of the mail store is widely identical and can be migrated by simply copying the files. Future ISPConfig versions will support dovecot too.

Then dont use it if you dont like to migrate your mailservers.

9. dxr

dxr New Member

I prefer wait, i have a mail cluster very good working and i dont want crash it.

10. moglia

moglia New Member

Not hard.

You can write a routine to migrate from postfixadmin to ispconfig3 you just need ispconfig3 database diagram.

And a method to store mail user at ispconfig database.

Im migrated from postfixadmin 2 to 3 and write a php cli script to do it not hard to make it.

Passwords are encoded by crypt you need see encode password at ispconfig is the same or not.

if ispconfig uses Maildir like postfixadmin mail data can be pass easy.

Im have postfixadmin database schema at debian, i need be the same. Im looking ispconfig 3 finish trafic information to migrate to it.

Probably i will be aventure a stable server with SVN version. =D

Im looking code now to learning, but started translating to brazilian portuguese first.

11. moglia

moglia New Member

Firsts Steps to Migrate from postfixadmin.

The password of ispconfig is the same of postfix admin.use crypt function.

I working on migration.

Writing a php console script to do select on postfixadmin usertable and inserts on ispconfig3 tables.

you only need select quota and password and insert or update existing mail account on ispconfig 3 tables.

diretory schematics is verry simillar exepts for one thing.

basedir it´s your choice at postfixadmin setup.

postfix admin use:
    /basedir/domain.com/user/Maildir

ispconfig use:
    /var/vmail/domain/user

you need make a automated rotine to move

/basedir/domain.com/user/Maildir to /var/vmail/domain/user

before moves maildir data you need change recursively all files and folders to vmail user and vmail group.

chown -R vmail:vmail /var/vmail/

all files without vmail user and group will be changed to vmail user and group.

I migrate one mailbox to test works perfectlly.

I prentend use this tecniques to migrate from postfixadmin to ispconfig3.