ISPConfig3 RC1 -- no /var/client folder created.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by insideoutsolutions, Jan 30, 2009.

1. insideoutsolutions

insideoutsolutions New Member

I'm already running two ISPConfig2 servers, and trying to test ISPConfig3, as we are planning to move to the new version to take advantage of new features like virtual ftp users.

I followed the install instructions included in the download tar, installing it on a fresh Hardy 8.04 VM install.

I didn't get any error messages from the install script, and I can load the control panel, but when I create a site, it doesn't seem to create a site folder, so I can't figure out how to upload files (either with ftp or ssh).

For example, my first site created has a listed document root of: /var/clients/client1/web1. But when I go to /var via ssh, there is no "clients" folder. And ftp users I create can't log in.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no such problem known in ISPConfig. You should try to reinstall it.

3. insideoutsolutions

I reinstalled with the same problem.

I am using ubuntu-vm-builder, which builds a vm using JEOS. There may be some necessary packages missing. I will try installing from the 8.04 server disk image.

4. insideoutsolutions

no luck.

I am getting two discrepancies with the install:

1. amavisd-new won't configure correctly
    2. modprobe capability: FATAL: Module capability not found.

Would these have anything to do with the failed installation of ISPConfig3?