ISPConfig3 server migrate Squirrelmail->Roudcube

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by oxygen, Mar 2, 2016.

1. oxygen

oxygen Member

Hi all, in Baltic states we have serious problem with Squirrel webmail encoding, so i want to migrate to Roundcube, we used it before without any problems.
    I installed server using this tutorial:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-...2-php-mysql-pureftpd-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3
    First i want install additional Roudcube webmail, then after testing i will remove Squirrelmail.
    so, my questions:
    1. I can just install Roudcube as here?
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/3/
    2. How i can completely remove Squirrealmail from my system?

2. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Roundcube setup should work, I used https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/roundcube-installation-on-debian-8-jessie/
    just don't get too greedy in the end of setting up, there's a config where you need to enter the remote user ... just make sure you also change ISPConfig URL from http to https =)

And getting rid of squirrel should be easy, put some nuts on your neighbours server or reverse the steps you did to install like
    apt-get --purge remove squirrelmail
    check for leftover /etc/apache2/conf-available/squirrelmail.conf and delete it, maybe /var/lib/squirrelmail/tmp, too

oxygen likes this.
  3. oxygen

oxygen Member

maybe i shoud install to
    /usr/share/roundcube instead /opt/roundcube ? Just checked. /opt now is absolutely empty, and squirrelmail was installed to /usr/share as well.

4. ztk.me

doesn't matter much, but if you don't use package manager to install software either use /opt or /usr/local

5. oxygen

oxygen Member

But i can install to /opt as described ? just wondering why there is empty place :)

6. ztk.me

yes, it is empty for OPTional software :) just don't make a mess or the deamons will haunt you :D

oxygen likes this.
  7. oxygen

oxygen Member

:)
    Roundcube working
    Now another thing- quota usage indicator always on zero..

8. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

usage in roundcube depends on quota support in your imap server (dovecot). make sure that's setup, and also that the user does have a quota assigned (unlimited quota also shows as 0% used).

oxygen likes this.
  9. oxygen

oxygen Member

:) yes, You are right... unlimited!!
    My mistake.

10. oxygen

oxygen Member

11. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

nano /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

12. oxygen

oxygen Member

cannot find there [openssl] section at all..

13. oxygen

oxygen Member

My system is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, not Debian as in Roundcube installation tutorial.

14. ztk.me

First of all, you should the php.ini in use, if you run PHP by fcgi you should probably check the php.ini in cgi folder, fpm in fpm folder and mod_php apache2 folder.

I don't know ubuntus php-config, maybe it's split up like /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d/20-openssl.ini
    You should have it somewhere, if not, try adding it :)

15. oxygen

oxygen Member

No, i don't have [openssl] anywhere..

16. ztk.me

does the following command echo openssl? if so, just try adding that section somewhere in conf.d folder as seperate .ini or directly to the php.ini
    Code:
    # php -m | grep openssl
    openssl

I bet it does and should just work.

17. ztk.me

Noooo :D $echo something will always work
    Code:
    # lists available/installed php modules
    $php -m

the | grep openssl just discard all output lines except it says "openssl" in it.
    So if your output of "php -m | grep openssl" gives you "openssl" in a newline, you have openssl in your php version and thus can just add the segment and configuration as described in the howto with no problem.
    Just add your own [openssl] segment.

oxygen likes this.
  18. oxygen

oxygen Member

root@server:~# # php -m | grep openssl
    root@server:~# openssl
    OpenSSL>

19. oxygen

oxygen Member

:D sorry i understand that about echo and deleted that post before your :)

20. ztk.me

Ok, almost :) Don't put the # before the command
    jsut execute
    Code:
    php -m | grep openssl

entering openssl in the console will open openssl cli. Having openssl installed doesn't usually mean it's available in other software.