Ispconfig3 + smtp-auth problem

Discussion in 'General' started by gkoo, Oct 1, 2008.

1. gkoo

gkoo New Member

I got my first ISPConfig3 installation, up and running on a Debian Etch 4.0 clean install. Everything works perfect except for the smtp-auth.

I'm not sure what does ispconfig3 use for smtp-auth and if the 3.0.0.7 beta version comes with smtp auth pre-configured ?

I'm asking this because without modifying any settings the pop3 works ok, smtp works ok but smtp+auth fails, it keeps asking for the username's password in my e-mail client when trying to send e-mails to other domains.

When looking in the mail.log file i get the following :

warning: SASL authentication problem: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory

I mention that the file /etc/sasldb2 exists and has the following privileges.
    ( :/etc# ls -l | grep sasldb2
    -rw-rw---- 1 root sasl 12288 2008-10-01 00:57 sasldb2

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

SMTP auth is automatically configured.

ISPConfig does not use sasldb2, instead it authenticates against the mysql database.

3. gkoo

gkoo New Member

ok, then which configuration file tells postfix to authenticate against mysql ?

Shouldn't there be a smtpd.conf in /etc/postfix/sasl that tells postfix which authentication mechanism to use ?
    ( i'm asking this because on my system there is no smtpd.conf under /etc/postfix/ )

As far as i've understood the setup in ISPConfig3 uses courier-authdaemon for authentication with the mysql database. Is this correct ?

thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008