ISPconfig3 subdomain into the directory

Discussion in 'General' started by thecuk, Dec 1, 2009.

1. thecuk

thecuk New Member

Hello,

i have a question about creating subdomain pointing to the directory. Is there any possibility to create a subdomain which makes new entry in vhost? It is because I need to use my custom .htaccess for this subdomain. Which i can't do with subdomain using redirect.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just create a nwe website for the subdomain.

3. thecuk

thecuk New Member

If I create a new subdomain like sub.domain.com and the original domain.com has alias not only www. but also *., then it takes original vhost. Not the second one, which is subdomain.

4. till

Thats correct. You can noz use wildcard vhosts and subdomains in apache. Change * vhost to e.g. www and then create the other sites as separate websites. If you need additional subdomains for the main website that shall point to the exact same directory, add them as subdomains or aliases.

5. thecuk

thecuk New Member

Good idea! Thanks a lot.

6. Niels

Niels New Member

But if you have a limit on 1 domain per user then you cant to that. Then it will count as 2 domains.

7. till

Yes. And whats the problem? Set the limit to 2 and create the new site.

8. Niels

Niels New Member

Stupid answer..

If you have a product where you allow customers to have 1 site, but many subdomains then you cant do like that.

9. till

Same to you ;)

You should better read whats this thread is about...

They can have as many subdomains as they like for their vhost and they can redirect these subdoamins to any directory within their site with apache rewrite rules. But this thread is about a different question, its about subdomains having their own vhost and a own vhsot is a website so you have to add a new website of course...

10. Niels

Niels New Member

Oh.... then you are right :)