ispconfig3 update threw warning? any issue here?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, Mar 17, 2023.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

I did ispconfig_update.sh to move to 3.2.9.
    but it gave these messages:
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50564 Library:100148 in /tmp/update_runner.sh.PzOlmg83tf/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 112
    Checking ISPConfig database .. WARNING: Forcing protocol to TCP due to option specification. Please explicitly state intended protocol.
    OK
    WARNING: Forcing protocol to TCP due to option specification. Please explicitly state intended protocol.
    Starting incremental database update.
    Loading SQL patch file: /tmp/update_runner.sh.PzOlmg83tf/install/sql/incremental/upd_0096.sql

I'm running centos7 and php is v5.4, and I updated mariadb to version 10. have not noticed any problems though??

any problems? or things I need to worry about??

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's why you get that warning. Unless you encounter any real issues in the form that something is not working, then you can ignore the warnings. Most likely, it should work.

3. craig baker

thanks till I suspected that. things HAVE been working needed to update mariadb for another package.
    any experience with elevate? and alma/rocky linux? time to get out of centos LOL.
    or have any trustable folks I could use and or abuse and or pay?

4. craig baker

I just ran ipsconfig_update.sh on another server and it gave me this message during the batch:
    Checking ISPConfig database .. mysqlcheck: unknown variable 'max_allowed_packet=512M'
    and infact both client.cnf and mariadb-server.cnf have this line.
    under the [client] section in the first and [mysqld] in the server file is not this correct?
    but it seemed to be the way to handle an earlier issue - why is ispconfig_update complaining?
    phpmyadmin does show max_allowed_packet as 512mb. is this error something to be ignored?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig update is not complaining here. The message you see is issued by the 'mysql' command. You can ignore it or yix it by removing it, probably from client section.