ispconfig3 upgrade breaks dovecot (still) and a question on Linode and another item!

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, May 12, 2014.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

Just a report did the upgrade to current ispconfig and mail stopped flowing - dug into it and found the dovecot conf file pointing to the wrong place is still there.

fixed it with the ln commands:
    ln -s /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
    ln -s /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf /etc/dovecot.conf

but I had thought you would want to fix the upgrade script :)

and second - I just got a Linode running Centos6.5 and (OBVIOUSLY) want to get it configured perfectly and with ISPConfig3. I want to manage both from my main server. I dont guess you would have any Linode specific tutorials?
    and a suggestion - maybe Linode should have a Centos6.5 image with ISPConfig3 already installed somewhere? your product is outstanding. are they aware of you? I would Love to see a 'Centos6.5 w/ISPConfig' choice in the pulldown.

and one more question - I'm trying to get to the bottom of a performance issue - one server running ngnix and my main running apache2. a php loop that takes 10 seconds on one takes two+ minutes on the other running on the same mongo database. the mongo is not the issue (search takes well under 1 second) it looks like its Jquery loading the screen prior to display thats killing the one server.
    Oddly this was very surprising as MY server is the slow one and I've got 32gb of ram and 2 hexacore opterons. The other is just a linode running ubuntu - but it is using ngnix.
    could THAT make that much of a difference? and anyway to test it? and (holding breath) can I install ngnix on my server as well as apache2 and have them coexist?

inquiring minds and all that.
    keep up (as always) the great work.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It should work now and I did not had any problems on the client servers that I updated. But I will check it again to see under whcih circumstances it still might fail.

No.

We did not had any conatct with linode, si I dont know if they are aware of ispconfig. But you should aks them, the mor customers request a controlpanel, the more likely it is that the ISP will add it :)

The php performance should be the same in apache and nginx. Only the number of delivered pages will differ as nginx can handle that faster. If I understand your problem crrectly, this is basically about 1 page request that takes so long, so the difference must be caused something else. E.g. php version, php accelerators / caches, php mode (php-fpm is the fastest mode and available in apache and nginx).

You can not run apache and nginx on the same ispconfig server.