ISPConfig3 VM Will Not Install

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by wvh, Jul 4, 2014.

1. wvh

wvh New Member

I am trying to install/import the ISPConfig3 Virtual Machine file into VirtualBox, but can't get it to work. I have followed the instructions in the installation guide, but after I click "Import Appliance" and choose the correct .ovm file that I downloaded from here I always get this pop-up error message from VirtualBox:

Failed to import appliance blahblah.ovf
    Error Reading /pathto/blahblah.ovf
    Unknown element "Config" under Item element, line 47.
    Details
    RESULT CODE: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR
    COMPONENT: APPLIANCE
    INTERFACE: |APPLIANCE

I am trying to install the Perfect Server with Ubuntu 14.0.4 and Apache, Postfix, Dovecot, MySQL, etc.

The server itself is running on Debian Wheezy. I have had no problems with other virtual appliances. Any ideas?

WVH

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

Please mention which Server/OS you are importing??

What is the base OS(on which you are installing the guest OS)?

Does the base OS have graphical session installed??
    What is the base OS architecture??

3. wvh

wvh New Member

The actual server is an AMD x64 8 core running Debian Squeeze x64 as the main OS. The image I was trying to import is The Perfect Server with Ubuntu 14.04, ISPConfig 3, plus Apache 2, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Dovecot. Unless I am mistaken, I believe that the only image available for this version of Ubuntu uses the 64 bit version.

The base OS does have graphical session that I am accessing via RDP. As far as I can tell, there is no graphical session set up for the client. Hope this helps.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats strange, If I remember correctly, this vm was build with virtualbox. Do you use the latest virtualbox version?

5. wvh

wvh New Member

Yes, I have the latest VirtualBox version installed. The .zip file contains both images for VirtualBox and VMWare. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but the VMWare image is quite large, but the .ova file is only like 7KB.