ISPConfig3 with Virtual Users & Domains

Discussion in 'General' started by Wych, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Wych

Wych New Member

new to the forum - great info so far.

Just had a major hardware crash on an old etch mail server with virtual users & domains. I managed to recover the old virtual mail [thank goodness]

Looking at the ISPConfig3 tutorial makes me think this would be a great replacement [I prefer a simple web gui to manage the server] - The question is:

Can it be built to support/manage virtual users & domains [similar to those described in http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-domains-postfix-courier-mysql-squirrelmail-debian-lenny ] or at least is it possible to re-insert the old mail in to the new ISPConfig3 system?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3 uses virtual and domains, but the ispconfig setup is more advanced and offers more possibility then the howto you mentioned above.

3. Wych

Wych New Member

Excellent - I'll run a full install tomorrow including the new 3.016 vers and report back.

The biggest concern for the users is the return of their old/backed up emails.

If the speed of the response is any indication of the quality of the build I will be more than happy.