ISPconfig31 Installation halted due to "error40"

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by danhansen@denmark, Feb 21, 2019.

1. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I was setting up a new ISPconfig31 server and power went out. I tried to run the last set of commands according to the tutorial again, but the "configure screen" didn't reappear. I tried to dpkg-reconfigure phpmyadmin, but it didn't look the same and I don't want to mess my new installation up, so please help me ;)

Tutorial: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/2/

This is where I'm at:

8. Install Apache, PHP, phpMyAdmin, FCGI, SuExec, Pear, and mcrypt
    Apache 2.4, PHP 7.2, phpMyAdmin, FCGI, suExec, and Pear can be installed as follows:

Command: # apt-get -y install apache2 apache2-doc apache2-utils libapache2-mod-php php7.2 php7.2-common php7.2-gd php7.2-mysql php7.2-imap phpmyadmin php7.2-cli php7.2-cgi libapache2-mod-fcgid apache2-suexec-pristine php-pear mcrypt imagemagick libruby libapache2-mod-python php7.2-curl php7.2-intl php7.2-pspell php7.2-recode php7.2-sqlite3 php7.2-tidy php7.2-xmlrpc php7.2-xsl memcached php-memcache php-imagick php-gettext php7.2-zip php7.2-mbstring php-soap php7.2-soap
    You will see the following question:

This is what I need again: Web server to reconfigure automatically: <-- apache2
    This is what I need again: Configure database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common? <-- Yes
    This is what I need again: MySQL application password for phpmyadmin: <-- Press enter

Kind Regards,
    Dan

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Why not just start the installation again from the beginning?
    Was the power out on the server or on your workstation?
    You should be able to continue from that point, but how to continue depends at what command the power went out and how much the system managed to write to disk. If you know it was in the middle of configuring phpmyadmin, you should do that
    Code:
    dpkg-reconfigure -plow phpmyadmin 
    to make sure the configuration is done. Also maybe
    Code:
    apt-get --fix-broken install 
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    If you do not want to waste time, just start the installation again from base Ubuntu install and continue with the Perfect Server Guide.

3. danhansen@denmark

Hi Taleman,

You are quite right... I think its easier too... Never the less, I hate not knowing what to do, and if it was possible to get to the same place again, then why not...

"Was the power out on the server or on your workstation? "
    I was using PuTTY to SSH my server... The laptop I used to SSH from ran dry ;)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help... it was the "... plow." flag I was looking for. I learned something new here ;)

KR
    Dan

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  4. danhansen@denmark

Hello again...

Did it all over again, now exactly the same happens!
    According to the tutorial, you are shown 3 answers to enter..

1. Apache 2
    2. Yes
    3. Hit enter!

Just hitting enter result in an error. Presented with the alternative to retry, you see a new screen where you can choose between Unix socket or TCP/IP... My guess is that a password should have been entered a 3. ??? It may just be me reading "Press Enter" wrongfully... Or?

Hoping for some assistance here ;)

--------------------------
    From the tutorial:

You will see the following question:

Web server to reconfigure automatically: <-- apache2
    Configure database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common? <-- Yes
    MySQL application password for phpmyadmin: <-- Press enter
    ---------------------------

There's another place where you are told to do the same. This seemed ok because you where told to enter a password afterwards... Anyway, I'm still not sure this is correct. Till, if you see this, please set me straight here ;)

----------------------------
    You will be asked these questions:

Enter current password for root (enter for none): <-- press enter
    Set root password? [Y/n] <-- y
    New password: <-- Enter the new MariaDB root password here
    Re-enter new password: <-- Repeat the password
    Remove anonymous users? [Y/n] <-- y
    Disallow root login remotely? [Y/n] <-- y
    Reload privilege tables now? [Y/n] <-- y
    ----------------------------

KR
    Dan

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  5. danhansen@denmark

I'm ending this thread. My question isn't the same anymore. Made a new thread..