ISPProtect wants new SourceGuardian?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Taleman, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is this a known issue:
    Code:
    Fatal error: SourceGuardian Incompatible loader version.
    This protected script was encoded with a newer version of SourceGuardian.
    Please download and install the <A HREF="https://www.sourceguardian.com/loaders/">latest loaders</A>. 

Error code [19] in /root/ISPProtect/ispp_scan.php on line 2

ahrasis likes this.
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We switched to a new version of SourceGuardian some time ago for PHP 8.2 support, so there has been no change recently. I was unaware that a new loader version is required, at least on my systems. It worked with the newly encoded version out of the box. I'll test it here again.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. till

I'm not able to reproduce this here, but I also have another customer that reported the same issue. I guess the most easy fix is to remove the file in the 'loader' subdirectory. The ispp_scan command will download a new loader when you run it the next time.

Taleman likes this.
  4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Advice by @till worked, scanner got updated.
    I had this issue on all three servers where I run ISPProtect, all running Debian 10.
    I read old reports, seems update did work 10th July, but failed 24th July. So something happened between those dates, hope that helps if this issue is under investigation.

ahrasis likes this.
  5. till

Thanks for the info, I will further investigate what might have caused this and how ew can implement an automatic update of the loaders in that case.

ahrasis and Th0m like this.
  6. mcevoli78

mcevoli78 New Member

Same issue for me.
    Deleteted the file in loader folder.
    Now it works.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
  7. stst

stst Member HowtoForge Supporter

Same issue for me, but deleting loader files doesn't help:

Code:
    Fatal error: SourceGuardian Loader - This protected script was not encoded for version 8.3.12 of PHP. Please re-encode or contact the author of the script regarding this problem. Error code [07] in /usr/local/ispprotect/ispp_scan.php on line 2

8. till

Strange, we'll look into that. Which OS are you using, Ubuntu 24.04?

And did you try to download ISPProtect again from our website? Maybe your version is not up to date:

https://ispprotect.com/