Issue with a mail domain managed by ISPConfig 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Niubbo75, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

Hello to all, I have a strange issue with only one domain (I mean email domain), I still get this error when I try to send an email to any of the mailboxes of that domain:

Your message has been enqueued and undeliverable for 2 days to the following recipients:

Recipient address: [email protected]

Reason: unable to deliver this message after 2 days

Delivery attempt history for your mail:

Mon, 20 Feb 2017 00:01:44 +0000 (GMT)

[email protected]: smtp;454 4.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied
    ......................................................................................................................................

I have checked twice and twice again DNS configuration and they are OK (MX Record point to the right A record that point to the right IP), all others mail domain on the same server doesn't have that issue (they doesn't have any issues too). I have try to disable and enable again SMTP on ISPConfig admin panel but issue still there, what can I do to solve that?
    Thanks in advance to all.

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Please provide real domain, so we can actually check stuff.

3. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

Domain is campouno.it and MX record is mail.campouno.it

4. sjau

campouno.it doesn't seem to have a mx record

Code:
    host -t mx campouno.it
    campouno.it has no MX record

5. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

MX record is mail.campouno.it
    campouno.it is A record that point to web server that is not the same of mail server.

[EDIT] All others domain have the same record configuration (I mean $domain.com A record to web server and mail.$domain.com A record and MX record that point to mail server) and they all work great.
    [EDIT2] I have create MX record for campouno.it and now it work, but now the question is, why all others mail domain still work w/out that type of MX record???

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  6. sjau

right.... no idea why I used host instead of dig :)

7. sjau

I still wonder why you didn't add the mx to the zone file though.

Do you have seperate zone files for

mail.campouno.it and campouno.it?

8. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

No I don't but really, this is the first time I have this issue in years, I have always only add mail.$mydomain.com for MX record and never $mydomain.com and the strange thing is that all others domain still working great with this configuration, also campouno.it worked in past then stop working. :eek::eek::eek: