Issue with location of document root

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lblake, Jun 9, 2016.

1. lblake

lblake New Member

Hi,
    I installed Ispconfig 3 on CentOS 7 in Virtual Box to check it out with Nginx. It installed OK, and I created a site successfully (comes up in Chrome). When I look at the domain tab for the site it shows the document root as: /var/www/clients/client1/web1. But when I connect with WinSCP there is no clients folder under www. And when I cd /var/www/clients/client1/web1 as root in terminal I get "No such file or directory". Hidden files are enabled. Can anyone tell me where the missing document root is? :( Thanks.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your ssh account is probably setup in a jail (a good idea), try /web (ie. "../../web").

3. lblake

lblake New Member

I may not be understanding. If you mean: /var/www/clients/client1/web - no difference. I created a shell-user for the site with jailkit as the chroot shell. I successfully logged in, but there is still no clients folder visible.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats what jesse said. When you login to a jailed account, then you see only folders inside /var/www/clients/client1, so the website is in the folder "web". Just copy the files to "web" or do a cd /web in the jail if you use a terminal session.