Issue with website hosted on Virtual Redhat Server.

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by geekgadget, Dec 11, 2010.

1. geekgadget

geekgadget New Member

Hello to all of you I have just joined this respective forum and I have a issue with website hosted on Virtual Redhat Server.

Scenario is like this
    I have three virtual redhat server(R1,R2,R3) 5.0 on VMware workstation 7.0 installed on window 7(physical machine),
    on R1 I have DNS server , On R2 I have Apache web server and I have hosted a website called "geekgadget.com" just for testing purpose, R3 is just a normal server nothing installed on it yet..

Problem :
    I can access my website "geekgadget.com" from all of my three virtual redhat server but when I try to access it from some of my physical XP,window 7 machines as well as from virtual XP machine present on my local LAN, website cannot be accessed so I am not getting the point why it happens because I checked that my port 80 is listening .can anybody guide to to resolve this issue thanks in advance.

regards
    geekgadget

2. dragons

dragons New Member

One thing you can try is turning of your firewall on the servers hosting the site breifly and test to see if you can access the site then. This will determine if the firewall is blocking the connections.