Issues receiving email for two users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jstrellner, Aug 16, 2008.

  1. jstrellner

    jstrellner New Member


    I have two users on our system that can not receive any email.

    I think it is due to the size of their mailboxes. In both webspace and in mailspace, I have "-1" in it. For the domain they are all "-1" too.

    This is the email that comes back (edited):

    This is the mail system at host I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system <[email protected]> (expanded from <[email protected]>): can't create user output file. Command output: procmail: Error while writing to "/var/mail/clientdomain.com_user" 
    I followed this tutorial:

    However, I skipped the quota section because I don't want there to be any quotas on stuff.

    Does anyone have any advise on what could be limiting it?

    uname -a: Linux 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 5 11:36:49 EST 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

    # df -h
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/md0              224G   11G  202G   6% /
    tmpfs                 498M     0  498M   0% /dev/shm
    It looks like procmail is version 3.22

    Thank you for any help you may provide.
  2. jstrellner

    jstrellner New Member

    Oh, and it is only the two users with big inboxes. I created another user on the same domain and it works fine. I am in the middle of loading up that box with all of the data from one of the failing users to see if the new user fails when it has a large inbox.

    Also, all users on that domain can send email fine.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  3. jstrellner

    jstrellner New Member

    You don't need to answer, I figured it out thanks to a post I found. I had been searching for a while on the forums and right after I submitted the question I found the answer.

    Here is where I found it.

    Basically Postfix was limiting the mailbox size and not using the size that was put in the ISPConfig settings for that user/domain.

Share This Page