issues with 2.2.8

Discussion in 'General' started by Ovidiu, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

hi there, I have not yet updated to 2.2.9 because I have some small glitches with the 2.2.8 version.

a) I click on a client then on site management and in the lsit of his sites, I can see a certain site twice. but when I go to ispmanager => sites, I only see that site listed once. and it is not udner the same name in the recycle bin...

b) I try to set mail.whatever.com priority 10 as the mx record of a newly created site but when I click save, it tells me:
    , but it does not and neither is it in the recycle bin.

c) any chance to move a client to reseller? he just wanted more and more sites, I would prefer to make him a reseller

I did already restart mysql and ispconfig, still the same problem.

any hints? any more info you need?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

a) This might be a problem with one of the relations in your database. Its not that easy to fix it manually in the database. Either leave it as it is for now or delete the website, empty the recycle bin and create it again.

b) Does this website has a MX already, maybe in the recycle bin?

c) No, because reseller and clients are two different database tables. But you may create a new reseller (for this client), and then move the current client inside the reseller, so the client is able to manage its current websites from its reseller account.

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

a) I can live with this, it is only a cosmetical problem
    b) no this site does not have an MX record, I did not even check the create MX DNS record box when I created the site, I wanted to add my mx record manually... for the tiem being I solved this by setting the priority to 20 of the mx record I added...
    c) ok thx, that sounds like a fairly nice solution to me.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What is the real MX record you're trying to create? Can you post the contents of the zone file (pri...) here?

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

here is the content of the pri.perla-paltinisului.ro file:

What I was trying to do was to change the priority of the mail.perla-paltinisului.ro MX record to 10 but ispcfg tells me there is already that or a similar, whatever, you can read the error in my above posts.

6. till

I tested it on my server and the code for the MX in the current stable release seems to work. May you please check all recycle bins of the dns manager again, even if you are sure you did not create a MX :) I like to verify this befor I start to digg deeper in the code and search for the bug.

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

And you're absolutely sure this record:

Code:
    MX 20 mail.perla-paltinisului.ro.
    doesn't exist in ISPConfig's DNS Manager?

8. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

@till + falko

I hope you did not understand me wrong, what I was trying to say, is that the record
    exists both in the pri file and inside ispcfg DNS manager but I cannot change its priority to 10 even when I deleted it and, deleted it from the recycle bin, then tried to make this record:
    it told me:
    ###edit###
    I upgraded to 2.2.9. as it is more likely there is an inconsistency problem with my database rather than a problem with 2.2.8.....

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  9. till

Yes, I think its an inconsistency in the dep tables of the database or there is a hidden record in the that did not show up in the recycle bin or interface.

If its not a problem for you, leave it as it is. Otherwise delete the complete domain (SOA) in the DNS manager which will remove all dependencies too, empty the recycle bin a few minutes later and the recreate the domain in DNS manager.

10. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ok, I can leave it like this...
    but still it is very strange, if you do a dns query lookup for perla-paltinisului.ro you'll only get the priority 20 mx record... I was at least expecting to get another one with 10 reported back....

11. till

It may take a few days until the DNS system changes. To check your local server, please try:

dig @loclahost MX perla-paltinisului.ro

on your server.

12. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

same result :) anyway its a new setup domain so wtf, I'll just leave it with this prio 20 mx record. thx for investigating though...