Issues with "Directive Snippets"

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Abacop, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Abacop

Abacop Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm having some issues with the "Directive Snippets" on my multi-server-setup (ISPConfig 3.2.7p1).

(1) When a user selects a Directive Snippet (Apache) via "Web server config" in the "Website" settings there seems to be no way to deactivate it again. Only changing it to another one seems to be possible. It takes an admin do deactivate it at all again. For now I'm using an empty snippet as workaround for this.

(2) It seems that I can't get the Directive Snippets of the type "PHP" to show to my customers even by checking "Customer viewable". Any idea how to make this work?

(3) Is there any way to give users the possibility to use more than one Directive Snippet at the time in order to combine them as individually needed?

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can always select the option "-" right?

Thats not possible currently, we should clarify that.

Currently not.

3. Abacop

As Admin I can. But regular users can't - if they select "-" it seems to work at first but after getting back to "Domain" the previous setting is still in effect.

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

That is a permissions issue, there is a feature called (I think) client protection that you can turn off if you don't like the behavior, or you can reset permissions for the web_domain in the database (eg. using phpmyadmin).

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In that case you have client protection enabled, like Jesse mentioned. Go to System -> Main config and uncheck "Client protection".

6. Abacop

Just tried disabeling "Client protection" but it has no effect.

Then I checked in the database like described here:
    But it is already set to riud. I guess that makes sense since the client can select/set any "Web server config".
    The one exception remains: selecting "-" (and saving it) just seems to have no effect at all.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021