issues with ver3 causing me not to upgrade

Discussion in 'General' started by djtremors, Apr 24, 2009.

1. djtremors

djtremors New Member

hey, nice to see ispc3 is up and going and i finally got my install for once.
    immediately I noticed issues which prevented me from switching over.

I have customers who have aliases (mailboxes with a full forward) to external email addresses on ispconfig2.
    I can't do this on ispconfig3 because an alias will only map to the local domain account. I thought to try making an email forward address which points to an external address and then point the alias i created earlier to this local forward address causing it to send outside... nope, only allows mailbox addresses.

is there any way to have 1 email aliases to send to multiple people in the domain as well as external email addresses externally? this is the scenario that so far is limiting me to switch my users and their domains over.

;) thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats all working fine for me in ispconfig 3. This is all possible in ispconfig 3 of course too. You mix up aliases and forwards here. Just enter it into the forward instaed of alias.

Sure, thats absolutely easy to implement. Just create as may forwarders as you like and you can also mix forwarders and aliases.

3. djtremors

djtremors New Member

argh! i was thinking the other way. hehe.. didn't think that.

one thing that did look strange is that you can add many forwarders and aliases yet can't tell if it would work sending to the same alias and receive at the same multiple addresses but it does work which is good.
    would be better if the gui had a combined list to the forwarder address (same for alias) so that if there were 50 people added to the list it would be easier to disable the alias/forwarder without having to currently go to each user account and disable it from the forwarder/alias.

as per the attached image. if the forwarder email source was disabled, it would disable all of them and enable all of them if reversed.

hope this makes sense. just makes managing the overall mapping quicker when the list for 1 email forward huge.

Attached Files: