itop and upload_max_size

Discussion in 'General' started by unsichtbare, Jul 9, 2014.

1. unsichtbare

unsichtbare Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

I searched and found similar problems but no solution for me!

ISPconfig 3.0.5.4 running on Ubuntu Server 14.04 (2 cores, 4GB)

I installed a CMS known as iTop (ticketing and change management) with no problems. Actually, the version of PHP that the initial check validated to was CGI, so I used that.

Site seems to work perfectly, but I can't upload even tiny PDF files without being told "Error: The uploaded file is too big. (Max allowed size is 2G)." These are small PDF's, a few MB at most.

Anyway I did the only sensible thing, I increased the post_max and upload_max to ridiculous sizes and I still get the same message! I even tried editing the value in /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini and restarting apache2 - to no avail.

I have since reset the /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini settings to default and re-applied the following settings to the Custom php.ini settings for the site:
    Code:
    memory_limit = 1G
    file_uploads=On
    post_max_size=4G
    upload_max_filesize=2G

Furthermore, the setting changes have all been validated by phpinfo!

Any help appreciated.

-J

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

Please check the link, it is for drupal but it might help with iTop too.

3. unsichtbare

Thanks for the suggestion. I reviewed the post and the relevant section seemed to imply to simply comment out both ;upload_max_filesize and ;post_max_size.

I had not tried this before, so I did, but no success. Commenting these values out of php.ini left default values of 8M/16M.

Thanks again.

-J

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

create a php file with:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

inside, upload it to your site and open it n your browser. there you will see in the output which php.ini file is used in this case.

5. unsichtbare

The php.ini is the same file that I modified. (/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini)

That being said, I would rather set PHP directives by site, rather than by type of PHP - but am willing to try anything.

-Thanks

-J

-John