Jobqueue not processing on new install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tal56, Mar 2, 2016.

1. tal56

tal56 Member

Hi,
    I installed ispconfig using the perfect install on Debian 8, I've installed this many times before and have never had problems, but this time nothing in the jobqueue is being processed. Also all my logs and server status in the monitor tab is empty. The only thing I changed was to put nginx on instead of Apache. Ispconfig runs, but anything I try to do gets stuck in the jobqueue. What can I do to fix this? I searched the forums but most job queue questions not new installs. Thanks

2. tal56

tal56 Member

hm, it seems the job queues are either taking a long time to run or don't run until after I reboot the server. I think it's when I reboot the server. Is there any logs I can check to see why this is the case? Thanks

Edit : it looks like the queue ran after I ran these commands I got from another post

root@server1:~# rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    root@server1:~# /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php

After I run the second command, it seems to have a lot of errors. I've attached the log.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  3. tal56

tal56 Member

Ok got ride of all the errors after doing this :
    apt-get install snmp-mibs-downloader

but the jobqueue is still not processing unless I delete the lock file and restart ispconfig. Suggestions?

4. tal56

tal56 Member

Yup, it looks like the jobqueue only runs when I restart ispconfig. I enabled debug mode and run, but doesn't look like any errors. Here is what restarting ispconfig looks like.. This is with 1 changed to the firewall in the queue. If nothing in the queue it just says "finished" when I restart it.

Code:
    root@server1:~# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    /usr/bin/fail2ban-client
    /sbin/iptables
    /sbin/ip6tables
    finished.

5. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

apt-get install e2fsprogs
    apt-get remove php5-snmp
    is cron running?

6. tal56

tal56 Member

Hm, I assumed it was because the folder /etc/cron.d exists but I checked in /etc/init.d and don't see any cron reference.
    What's the best way to check if it's running? And if it's not installed, what should I do to install it and get it running correctly with ispconfig? Thanks so much.

7. florian030

service cron status
    to install cron: apt-get install cron

if cron was not installed during the ispconfig-installation, you must add the cronjobs to root`s crontab

8. tal56

tal56 Member

Thanks for the quick replay. Really appreciate it, but I'm not sure how to "add the cronjobs to root's crontab" Would I be better off to just reinstall after installing cron and e2fsprogs since they seem to be missing from my vps template?

9. florian030

You can run update.php from the install-dir instead of install.php. This will add the cronjob. Or open the crontab as root: crontab -e and make sure, you have these entries:
    Code:
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 > /dev/null | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    30 00 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh 2>&1 > /dev/null | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

11. tal56

tal56 Member

Thanks so much for your help guys. Originally I did the crontab -e and added the lines that florian030 said, and that worked already. The jobqueue started running. However since Till gave the update instructions, I thought I'd do that to clean things up, and after I did that I noticed that there are actually 3 extra lines in the crontab file.
    Code:
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 > /dev/null | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    30 00 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh 2>&1 > /dev/null | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    0 0 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/create_daily_nginx_access_logs.sh &> /dev/null

So I guess that extra line maybe for only nginx installs.

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes, the 3rd one is for nginx.