Joomla & ISPconfig

Discussion in 'General' started by ikaros, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ikaros

ikaros New Member

What do I have to do in ISPconfig to create a site built with Joomla? Should I just create a site as usual, and then copy the joomla tar in that dir and proceed as a normal Joomla installation? Will the Joomla installer create the necessary MySQL DB, or should I do it manually?

2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Create a website within ISPConfig with MySQL & PHP enabled but disable PHPSafe mode.

Download the latest Joomla version to your local desktop and extract it.
    Upload It to your webspace using FTP.

In your browser point to your URL and follow the Instructions provided by Joomla.

3. ikaros

ikaros New Member

thanx

cool, thanx!

4. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

How to for Joomla CMS on an ISPConfig server

Hi again,

Today i've posted a nice "how to" which will guide you to setup Joomla CMS.
    After Falko and/or Till checked it, it will be published soon.

:)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi Hans,

thanks for the new Howto! I've made a new howto section on the ISPConfig documentation page and linked your howtos there. Falko is reviewing the howtos on howtoforge, I'am sure he will publish your howto today :)

6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thank you Till,

It is really a nice idea to publish the how to's on the documentation section of the ISPConfig site!

I hope that the how to's will answer a lot of questions.

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've just published the tutorial here: http://www.howtoforge.com/joomla_ispconfig :)

8. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thanks

Thanks again Falko,

And I hope that my Howtos "Installing Software on ISPConfig" at http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation.htm will show what is possible with your Perfect ISPConfig server so that ISPConfig will be more populair in the near future!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006