ldap Server on OpenSuse 10.3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by devan1p, Mar 23, 2008.

1. devan1p

devan1p New Member

Hi,
    I was trying to configure openldap server on Open Suse10.3. I installed it, but when I have to create database,it fails. Can anyone tell me the procedure to create the database (how to create the *.ldif file also)

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

The ldif file will depend on the structure of your database, to add it you need to write the ldif then add to the database using the slapadd command

3. E1sbaer

E1sbaer New Member

Hello!

I whant to try LDAP on a OpenSuse 10.3 Linux too but dont find a good help. There is an HowTo http://en.opensuse.org/Howto_setup_SUSE_10.1_as_Samba_PDC . But that one does not work, becouse 10.3 is no more compatible with smbldap-tools package.

Then i tried do build an LDAP-Server with the Tool from OpenSuse- Yast2 - "Netzwerkdienste" - LDAP-Server but there is no Help so i dont know what i have do do with it...

Please Help!

Thank you!

Eisbär

P.S. i have searched by google and co the hole day, so please dont say: Why dont you google for...
    I hope someday i could help you!

4. kuruki

kuruki New Member

Hi.
    Did you already manage to do it in another version of suse? I was able to run ldap server on suse 10.1, but now I am running Debian server. Have no experience with suse 10.3.

BRGDS
    K

5. devan1p

devan1p New Member

No. I didn't try it on any other version. Could u pls give me the step-by-step guide on how u did it on suse 10.1.

Regards
    Dev