ldirectord.cf and logfiles

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Randy, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Randy

Randy New Member

Hi people,

I have apache setup in a cluster as explained in your howto.
    In the ldirectord.cf you have to put a request for a html file:
    request="ldirector.html"
    receive="Test Page"
    If I've also installed ispconfig on the servers, should I change the path to ldirector.html to a full absolute path (since the root of the sites won't be /var/www) like /var/www/web2/web/ldirector.html or to a html request like : http://testsite.nl/ldirector.html. This is because errors in my apache access log files stating that the server is requesting a file which is not available (don't have the exact statement with me at the moment).

Could you please advise me (point me to a howto if necessary) on how to automaticcaly rotate my sylog en messages log files. These things are growing very large at the moment

Thanks in advance

Randy

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

No, if ldirector.html is in the web site's document root. If it's in a subdirectory of the document root, you must specify the relative path to it.

Please find out about the exact error message and post it here.

What's in /etc/logrotate.conf, and what's the output of
    Code:
    ls -l /etc/logrotate.d
    ?

3. Randy

Randy New Member

Ok, thanks,

I've noticed that the cron jobs are sceduled to run at 6 in the morning.Obviously, the testservers aren't running at that time since the boss (me) is a sleep normally at six. That's why they never got rotated. Also I followed your hint and left the ldirec... in the root of the server (I had already moved it to a root of my main site, which I shouldn't have done).
    Thanks,

Randy