Length of DKIM key

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Dennis_sp, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Dennis_sp

Dennis_sp Member

I have generated a DKIM key for my email domain in the GUI of ISPConfig. The key looks like this:

Code:
    "v=DKIM1; t=s; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEArm6L6eJPHeGxvM33WjVzTBWvpKK1DXdQ/YwR05mGepJkX5EW2kavAg2PBHwm/mNTNE6L/XKVA0vu2HUPhOsxaLvOkQSl+RjSJ4nJHPIdfHzrXTZ7Fa+GMVboKdBinQGHB7wILk1ZHjQg""hrlLLfzRZs/6mP/n/3o4JEaRmAZibu4Zr7c/wPxzcUdkh41xdPbbkUUoehx3IktMSfr/7oB9QHgjRLdcFRBM9OhODTPeJPW9HQTVlwiGA0aQbQ02DSBd7Rt+cinID004M9+YBCkHsAHWuRtb3k/23jI+geueWWrKFi2aSvXZjc3cZnchD3Xk3mDwnydfh7YxFPGYXqkw""5QIDAQAB"
    But this string is too long for my DNS provider, when i try to save it, it doesn't get saved. I also don't understand why it has multiple " " , is this key correct or should i just copy this part?

Code:
    "v=DKIM1; t=s; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEArm6L6eJPHeGxvM33WjVzTBWvpKK1DXdQ/YwR05mGepJkX5EW2kavAg2PBHwm/mNTNE6L/XKVA0vu2HUPhOsxaLvOkQSl+RjSJ4nJHPIdfHzrXTZ7Fa+GMVboKdBinQGHB7wILk1ZHjQg"

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Search for old discussions on this topic. This is a problem with lack of standardization. Some providers request the DKIM key in two parts, that is why it its "..." "...". Some do not allow it to be in two parts.
    There is no way to generate key that would be accepted by all providers. So you have to experiment, remove the " <space " to make it one long string.

4. Dennis_sp

Dennis_sp Member

Thanks for the link, i did a search on google for that problem with ISPconfig but that thread didn't come up, guess it wasn't specific enough.