let's encrypt and some old legacy centos 6.4 server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Jun 28, 2021.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear,

we have few centos 6.4 server (totally legacy) that should be moved to debian 10 as soon as possible.
    In the mean time, unfortunately let's encrypt starting today does not allow anymore certificates release on this so.
    Any clue, on how we can renew this certs? We need to do it for just a couple of months in order to upgrade the content to the new node.

ty

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What error message? Or why no certificates? Certificate not renewed or no new certificates issued?
    On so old software, maybe the Let's Encrypt client is no longer supported by LE, so you need to install a new client that is still supported and runs on CentOS 6.4.
    For moving to Debian 10, install the new server with ISPConfig Autoinstaller and use Migration Tool to move all your data from old server to new.

3. tr909192

the problem is the version of the api (the client here, installed with certbot-auto) put on acme v1 that are no longer available.

""""""""""
    Certificate not renewed or no new certificates issued?
    """"""""""
    both of them

A strange is, that if I try to release a certificate with certbot-auto, the certificated is released. But if i try via ispconfig does not works.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Go to the certbot webpage and check out which option they provide to install a newer certbot version on your system. Just take care to just install new certbot and not issue any certs manually.

5. tr909192

thank you all. apparently was a problem on ispconfig to determinate the version of the certbot installed. as mitigation i have forced the script to the specific version that we have and the certificated was now release. in order to let us (hopefully) the time to migrate these nodes to the newer.

till likes this.