Lets Encrypt multiserver ssl for services and ispconfig

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by sheshes, Mar 13, 2019.

1. sheshes

sheshes Member

After reading all existing tutorials and tried all of the given instructions i have the following questions regarding a multiserver installation and LE.

My servers are all under the same domain, web.domain.com, mail.domain.com etc. I also want to have a hosted website with domain.com and I want all of them to use SSL from LE.

If I create a website domain.com and tick SSL and Letsencrypt, it creates a cert for domain.com and www.domain.com. This SSL cert I can use for ISPconfig Panel and for the actual website of domain.com, but when it comes to mail.domain.com, I get errors of different identity etc. What's the correct procedure to create an SSL which covers all subdomains of domain.com??

Thanks in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfi used webroot auth for Let's encrypt SSL certificates and LE doe snot support wildcard certs for that method. Besides that, you cannot use customer web ssl certs for other services as e.g postfix would require to have a separate IP for each domain then.

3. sheshes

sheshes Member

I only use 1 mail server for all domains. I dont want to use separate ssl for postfix, i just want to use one ssl for web.domain.com, mail.domain.com and www.domain.com. All other ssl certs are going to be for each website domain only not for postfix.
    So basically the question is simply how to create a cert which includes web www and mail subdomains of the domain.com

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer