Let's Encrypt not working for one domain

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Spaetzle, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    I have a server setup (multiserver: Db, mail, ns, web, ispconfig). I have the problem, that I can't set a LE certificate for one domain.
    This domain has some alias domains which all should be included in the certificate.
    When choosing the option for creating the LE certificate in the domain settings ISPConfig seems to start the process. The let's encrypt log looks quite good and ensds with:

Code:
    2020-01-03 14:05:05,010:INFO:certbot.renewal:Cert not yet due for renewal
    2020-01-03 14:05:05,010:INFO:certbot.main:Keeping the existing certificate
    When I look into /etc/letsencrypt/live directory I can see that there is a certificate created today.
    When going back to the domans setting the marker from "let's encrypt" is not where it should be. Looking into /the vhost file for the domain I can see that there is no "VirtualHost" part for port 443.
    If I try to call the website with https I am redirected to anpther site on the same server.

Other sites work perfectly with let's encrypt-

Does anybody have a hint what might be wrong?

Regards
    Bernd

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that you are using the latest ISPConfig and certbot version.

Spaetzle likes this.
  3. Spaetzle

Hi
    Sorry for not answering for that long. I did not find the time any sooner to look into this.
    You were right. As it seems there were some updates missing on the webserver. Bringing anything up to date solved the problem.

Thanks

Bernd

till likes this.
  4. Spaetzle

Hi
    I was a bit to fast.
    The problem seemed to be solved as it worked now for the domain on which I noticed the problem first.
    I was able to set LE on this on and some other domains.
    But now there is on domain left that does not work. If I try to active LE on this domain the ISPConfig show that there will be some things done on the server (red dot with number in the header) for a while. If I return to the domains settings LE and SSL are unchecked again.
    There is no action to be seen in /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log.
    Do you have any idea where to look for some hints on this?

Regards
    Bernd

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

6. Spaetzle

Hi
    Another time thanks for your help.
    After setting up a lower log level I found some errors which gave me hints were to look for.
    There was a misconfiguration in the DNS settings.
    Thanks
    Bernd

ahrasis likes this.