Let's Encrypt only worked once

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fluidmindorg, Dec 2, 2019.

1. fluidmindorg

fluidmindorg New Member

Hi all.

I just installed ISPConfig 3.1.15p2 on a fresh installation of Debian 10. I set up a few Clients with websites and created a separate site for the hostname of the server and checked on the "SSL" option for all of them. When I checked the "Let's Encrypt SSL" option for the hostname site, it got the SSL cert instantly. However, when I try it for any of the other sites, I click "Save" and nothing happens. The only activity shown in any of the logs is the HTTP POST and GET requests in access.log. No error messages in error.log. No messages in letsencrypt.log. Nothing to indicate what the problem is. Any suggestions on where to look for what's happening?

Thanks
    —Dan

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Do these domain names resolve in DNS name service to your hosts IP-address?
    Did you follow Let's Encrypt Error FAQ?

fluidmindorg likes this.
  3. fluidmindorg

fluidmindorg New Member

ACK!! :eek:
    HA! Thank you for pointing out the Let's Encrypt Error FAQ. No, I hadn't found that thread. I searched the forums for "Let's Encrypt" and I didn't find anything on the first 3 pages of results—evidently the Error FAQ shows up on the 4th page :D. And there's no link to it on the main Let's Encrypt tutorial.

SO, half way down that list I found what I needed. Yes, the domains resolved in DNS, but my server is behind a NAT router. After checking "Skip Let's Encrypt check" it seems to be working fine.

Thanks!
    —Dan