Lets Encrypt problems.. Can't get new certificate, due to dual account..?

Discussion in 'General' started by toffie, Mar 22, 2018.

1. toffie

toffie Member

Hey all,
    I've already noted in my previous thread just some day ago that I have the latest version and all that, so I hope I shouldn't have to get all that into this thread as well..

Anyhow.. Added a new site, but Let's Encrypt fails with the following log;
    Code:
    2018-03-22 15:10:25,732:DEBUG:certbot.main:Root logging level set at 20
    2018-03-22 15:10:25,734:INFO:certbot.main:Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
    2018-03-22 15:10:25,735:DEBUG:certbot.main:certbot version: 0.10.2
    2018-03-22 15:10:25,735:DEBUG:certbot.main:Arguments: ['-n', '--text', '--agree-tos', '--expand', '--authenticator', 'webroot', '--server', 'https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory', '--rsa-key-size', '4096', '--email', '[email protected]', '--domains', 'jonas.topdomain.com', '--webroot-path', '/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme']
    2018-03-22 15:10:25,737:DEBUG:certbot.main:Discovered plugins: PluginsRegistry(PluginEntryPoint#apache,PluginEntryPoint#webroot,PluginEntryPoint#null,PluginEntryPoint#manual,PluginEntryPoint#standalone)
    2018-03-22 15:10:25,738:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Requested authenticator webroot and installer None
    2018-03-22 15:10:25,746:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Single candidate plugin: * webroot
    Description: Place files in webroot directory
    Interfaces: IAuthenticator, IPlugin
    Entry point: webroot = certbot.plugins.webroot:Authenticator
    Initialized: <certbot.plugins.webroot.Authenticator object at 0x7fdc0ee4add0>
    Prep: True
    2018-03-22 15:10:25,748:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Selected authenticator <certbot.plugins.webroot.Authenticator object at 0x7fdc0ee4add0> and installer None
    2018-03-22 15:10:26,421:DEBUG:certbot.main:Exiting abnormally:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/letsencrypt", line 11, in <module>
        load_entry_point('certbot==0.10.2', 'console_scripts', 'certbot')()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 849, in main
        return config.func(config, plugins)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 621, in obtain_cert
        le_client = _init_le_client(config, auth, installer)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 399, in _init_le_client
        acc, acme = _determine_account(config)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 364, in _determine_account
        acc = display_ops.choose_account(accounts)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/display/ops.py", line 83, in choose_account
        "Please choose an account", labels, force_interactive=True)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/display/util.py", line 480, in menu
        self._interaction_fail(message, cli_flag, "Choices: " + repr(choices))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/display/util.py", line 442, in _interaction_fail
        raise errors.MissingCommandlineFlag(msg)
    MissingCommandlineFlag: Missing command line flag or config entry for this setting:
    Please choose an account
    Choices: ['account1.topdomain.com@2018-02-06T10:55:35Z (802d)', 'account2.topdomain.com@2017-06-12T12:26:31Z (a2f5)']
    As far as I understand, this is because of the problem I mentioned in my previous thread which I quote here;
    Previous thread about not being able to renew certificates;
    https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...-problems-again-cant-renew-certificate.78633/

So, how do I solve this then? Is it possible for ISPconfig to define which account it should work with or do I need to remove one of the accounts and redo the certificates - if any - that are on the "old" account?

Not sure how to proceed :) Hoping for help :)

2. toffie

toffie Member

3. j.kaspar

j.kaspar New Member

Removing an account is not a good solution. I am in the same situation. I have two different accounts, but some sites have certificates issued with the old one, some with the new one. I simply cannot delete one of the accounts. So the question is how do I persuade ISPconfig to choose one of the accounts and update the command respectively?

4. peps

peps New Member

Hi and sorry for reply to an old thread. Dit you find a solution?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There can only be one account, if you have two, then you'll have to remove one.

6. peps

peps New Member

Thank you @till but should I choose which one to delete?
    Is it safe to delete one account?
    What happens to certificates issued previously?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you posted does not show that there are two accounts, that's why I asked you to post the error that you received.