Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate and Master/Slave or Mirror Server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jaypabs, Jul 5, 2022.

1. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

I have setup another server as a mirror from my first server. It works great except that I noticed that the SSL certificate are not copied automatically from first server to the second server.

That's why instead of this:

Code:
            listen *:80;
            listen [::]:80;
            listen *:443 ssl http2;

ssl_protocols TLSv1.3 TLSv1.2;
            listen [::]:443 ssl http2;
            ssl_certificate /var/www/clients/client3/web22/ssl/example.com-le.crt;
            ssl_certificate_key /var/www/clients/client3/web22/ssl/example.com-le.key;

server_name example.com www.example.com;

My second server hast this content only:
    Code:
            listen *:80;
            listen [::]:80;

server_name example.com www.example.com;

Is this normal that ISPConfig will not copy all the certificate from first server to the second server?

If yes, can I just copy all the files from first server at /etc/letsencrypt/ to second server at the same directory?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you are using certbot as LE client, then you must probably put the /etc/letsencrypt folder on a shared filesystem (or e.g. mount it with nfs on second server) so that both servers have access to it.

3. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

Hi,

What about copying the content of that folder to the other server? Is it still okay?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, this replication can sometimes take too long and will prevent you from issueing a cert.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Also you need to have the system acme-challenge directory shared between the systems.

6. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the additional info. May I know where is acme-challenge directory is located?

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

It is /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme/ (sorry, I'd have mentioned it but could not recall exactly and wasn't in a position to check at the time).

8. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

Thanks. I will look at it.