Let's encrypt SSL For Config Panel

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jeremy007, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

Hello HTF users,

setup: Multi Server

I seem to be having issues with retrieving a LE cert for the admin panel. Currently my panel interface is hosted at panel.sitename.com. Followed the instructions from : https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...l-port-8080-with-lets-encrypt-free-ssl.75554/

I created a site via my server1.sitename.com named after my panel.sitename.com. When i click the chain it goes back to my server and everything is propagated and working properly except for the SSL generation. When i enable the checkbox "Let's Encrypt SSL" it initiates the process and then gets disabled again with no cert generated. Big problem is ; there is no error data on my server "server1.sitename" letsencrypt log files that point to this site.

My panel itself is hosted on my server "panel.sitename.com" and the site to generate the ssl is hosted on "server1.sitename.com".

I searched the site but couldn't find anyone with the exact same issue. Is there anyone that has experienced the same issue?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

Nice! it says "Could not verify domain panel.sitename.com, so excluding it from letsencrypt request." It's currently running on a expired/self-signed cert.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the domain panel.sitename.com reachable from the internet, does it exist in DNS? Is the server behind a router (so it has an internal IP and not directly the external IP)?

5. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

The domain panel.sitename.com is my panel's sitename and reachable via the internet. It's DNS is configured via DigitialOcean. The server is not behind a router and is directly accessible via its public IP.

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What is the result when you run "dig panel.sitename.com"? Is its ip pointed to your server correctly?

7. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

I actually solved it by using Cerbot instead. dig actually pointed correctly.