Let's Encrypt SSL Not Working On ISPConfig UI

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jaypabs, Aug 2, 2022.

1. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

When I check the "Let's Encrypt SSL" and "SSL" checkbox under the Web Domain settings, ISPConfig cannot create SSL certificate.
    When I manually run certbot in the terminal, it prompts me to select which account/server to use. Please see below:
    Code:
    root@server1:~# certbot
    Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
    Plugins selected: Authenticator nginx, Installer nginx

Please choose an account
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1: ubuntu@2022-03-09T09:51:04Z (4b7d)
    2: server2.mydomain.com@2022-07-03T03:40:29Z (0a3e)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Select the appropriate number [1-2] then [enter] (press 'c' to cancel):

Before I can use the UI to create an SSL on any website on my server. But now I can't. I was thinking because of the above prompt that causing ISPConfig not to issue SSL.

I'm afraid ISPConfig can't renew also the SSL when it's due because of that prompt.

What is the solution to this so I will not issue/renew the SSL manually?

Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You may have only one account, so you must remove one of the two LE accounts (the one that has the least SSL certs) as all certs of the remove account will expire and need to be recreated. LE will not work in ISPConfig (not just for the UI but also for all websites) until you removed the duplicate account.

3. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

Hi,

I have setup two servers with master<>master replication. How do I remove the duplicate account?

4. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

Any update on this?

5. till

Do you sync the let#s encrypt folder between the two servers and if yes, how do you sync it?

6. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

I sync it using Unison.
    Folder sync is: /etc/letsencrypt

7. till

You'll have to remove one account. Delete the one with the least certs as certs created by that account will expire.

8. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

You mean I will delete the folder under /etc/letsencrypt for example on server2 which I copied from server1?

9. till

10. till

But be careful and make backups of the /etc/letsencrypt folder before you start.

11. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

Thank you for the warning. I will look at this tomorrow and let you know once I resolve the issue.

12. jaypabs

jaypabs Member

@till
    Thanks for the help.
    It went smoothly.