Lets encrypt trying to renew deleted domain

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jnewman67, Apr 18, 2022.

1. jnewman67

jnewman67 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think the script that gets run to delete everything related to a domain or customer might have missed the SSL stuff. I have a domain that I had set up on my ISPConfig server, then moved offsite (and deleted from the ISPConfig server), but I got a notice today that acme.sh tried to renew the SSL certificate for it, and failed.
    Code:
    [Mon Apr 18 00:11:09 EDT 2022] mydomain.com:Verify error:Invalid response from http://mydomain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/PN_dqizIU5PXHmWCecsnaDfUio8ZUSAG8Ts4avgLzFQ [999.888.777.666]: 404 [Mon Apr 18 00:11:09 EDT 2022] Please check log file for more details: /var/log/ispconfig/acme.log [Mon Apr 18 00:11:10 EDT 2022] Error renew mydomain.com.
    i checked /var/www and there was no domain folder there, but when I went to /root/.acme.sh, there was a domain folder there (which related acme contents) for that deleted domain.

ISPConfig Version: 3.2.7p1 on CentOS 8 server

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Run 'acme.sh --remove mydomain.com'.

3. jnewman67

thanks for the response.
    gave the following error: Unknown parameter : mydomain.com
    (yes, i used the actual domain name :)
    the command was missing the "--domain" parameter:
    Usage: acme.sh --remove --domain <domain.tld>
    added that and it completed successfully. the key and cert files can now be removed manually it says.
    I assume I can just remove the entire domain folder under acme.sh, correct?
    thanks for the help, would still like to know if that removal is missing from ISPConfig or not (during the removal)

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. jnewman67

thank you - so it's a known "issue" and someone (you) have a plan!
    in reading that GIT reference, you mentioned an LE4ISPC script that automatically (I think) creates a mail. vhost for a domain and creates an SSL cert for that (i'm summarizing). I assume that's related to the instructions you gave me a while ago for implementing SSL for mail services. is that script an official ISPC feature, or an add-on, or just the instructions you gave me previously?

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's an old script, the guide I probably shared before is the way to go.