LetsEncrypt domain gone from ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 CP

Discussion in 'General' started by labsy, Oct 30, 2016.

1. labsy

labsy Member

Hi,
    I just tested my first Let's Encrypt domain on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS and went those steps:
    1.) Updated Linux with latest patches
    2.) Updated ISPCOnfig first to 3.1.1 and then to 3.1.1p1, selecting both times to REFRESH configuration of modules
    3.) As root user downloaded Let's Encrypt installer script, changed to executable and run:
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget https://dl.eff.org/certbot-auto
    chmod a+x certbot-auto
    $ ./certbot-auto
    4.) Script then did some fancy stuff and finally asked me which domains I would like to HTTPS protect with Let's Encrypt. I selected 1 domain (actually, I had to deselect all others...annyoing, as I have 1000+ domains)
    5.) finished script with success :)

Domain works as it should under nice, green HTTPS url. Sweet.
    BUT hey, I went to ISPConfig CP and cannot find that domain under Sites anymore. Gone.
    So if going via certbot-auto script, SSL works, but domain vanishes from CP.

On the other hand, if I enable Let's Encrypt SSL via ISPConfig, nothing happens. Does not work.

Any idea what to check?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As described in the perfect server guides and the ispconfig manual, you may not select any domains here. If you would select a domain here then this domain can not be used for letsencrypt anymore in ispconfig. So what you did is that you excluded this domain for use in ispconfig, further use of letencrypt in ispconfig may fail as well due to that installation mistake. Uninstall letsencrypt and remove al files and certs that it created, then install it again as described in the various ispconfig guides.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  3. labsy

labsy Member

Hi Till,
    thanks, that seems reasonable.
    But the main problem is that I could not find any relevant instructions on how to install LetsEncrypt on latest ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Apache 2.2.
    Do you know of any instructions, links?