letsencrypt problems

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Tom John, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Tom John

Tom John Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there
    i use ubuntu20.04 and ispconfig
    i setup a new server according to:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/
    i moved accounts to the new server with the migration tool.
    1 domain of it moved well but the other domain there was no letsencrypt cert.
    to disable the cert in ispconfig in checkbox webdomain i unchecked the box and later check the box again did not work.
    as well in the syslog there was no entry while checking the box and klick to save.
    moreover i dont find a folder /etc/letsencrypt and as well there is no folder in /var/log/letsencrypt
    did the folder change to another place or is letsencrypt not installed?
    it would be great you could give me some hint how to proceed
    thanks a lot for that

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If I understand it correctly, then you moved from a server that is using certbot let's encrypt client to a system that is using acme.sh, in such a case, le certs can not be migrated as the old and new system must use the same let's encrypt client (see the warning in migration tool guide and the migration tool showed you a warning as well in this case).

To fix that, you must delete the old le SSL cert symlinks in the SSL folder of the site before you can activate let#s encrypt in the site again.

These are folders from certbot, acme.sh is in /root/.acme.sh/ folder

3. Tom John

thanks for your kind answer and to explain this case to me.
    the domain with the cert problem is wp-fit.com.I did delete the domain with ispconfig on that server so the web directory of the domain is empty.
    do i need to delete the wp-fit.com folder in .acme.sh as well ? or is it enough that i did delete the web directory of the domain?
    Code:
    root@server6:/# ls /root/.acme.sh/
    account.conf  acme.sh.env  deploy  http.header                notify            server6.cl-i.net
    acme.sh       ca           dnsapi  liveact-international.com  server3.cl-i.net  wp-fit.com
    root@server6:/# ls /root/.acme.sh/wp-fit.com/
    backup  ca.cer  fullchain.cer  wp-fit.com.cer  wp-fit.com.conf  wp-fit.com.csr  wp-fit.com.csr.conf  wp-fit.com.key
    root@server6:/#

thanks for helping me again

4. till

Do not delete the domain in ispconfig or its web directory. I said to only delete the let#s encrypt certificate symlinks in the ssl folder of that site. And do not delete anything in acme.sh.

5. Tom John

thanks for your answer, it was late i deleted the web directory already. Now i did setup wordpress new on the same domain. After setup i checked box in ispconfig in ssl and letsencrypt. However still there is a forwarding to the first domain on the webserver so the ssl cert is not working well.
    Where do i find the ssl folder of the site?

6. till

/var/www/yourdomain.tld/ssl/

7. Tom John

thanks for your answer

i found the folder

8. Tom John

i did delete the 2 files there
    Code:
    root@server6:/var/www/wp-fit.com/ssl# ls
    wp-fit.com-le.crt  wp-fit.com-le.key

then uncheck the box in ispconfig ssl and letsencrypt in domains and check again.
    however i have the same result that the domain wp-fit.com is forwarded to the domain liveact-international.com
    do you have any idea what i did wrong?

9. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are both listening on either "*" or the IP, but not one of them on * and the other on the IP?

10. Tom John

Hi thanks for your answer.
    Now SSL is working, i assume it was because of couldflare, after deactivating cloudflare 24 hours later it is working well, so no problems at all. Thanks for your help