Limit access to IP's?

Discussion in 'General' started by mhpcomputerservices, May 19, 2010.

1. Hello,

Is there a way to limit/restrict other users accounts to certain IP addresses?

I have allowed a client access to certain sections of the web interface to add more domains etc. but I do not want them to be able to choose an IP address.

Am I missing something here?

[​IMG]

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you create the website as admin user for the client, then the client is not able to change the IP address or any other limits of the website.

3. OK I understand this.

However if we are allowing Resellers onto the server, with access to the Control Panel - we may only wish them to have access to certain IP addresses, (or none at all apart from '*')

This could be because an certain IP has already been reserved by another reseller/client. There is also the possibility they wish to purchase some IP addresses at which point they could then be made available to the reseller/client.

I think if this feature is not yet available it would be a good addition. Unfortunately I am nowhere near able to programme it :(

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post feature requests here:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/

Maybe there is already a feture request for this, in that case you can e.g. vote for the feature request in the bugtracker. The more votes a feature request gets, the more likely it gets implemented :)

5. Found it :) And voted.

Thanks