limit Number of backup copies for web and email in client template

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by chico11mbit, Apr 12, 2017.

1. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

Hi,
    till now clients can set the backup interval and the number of backups in client and web part of their interface.
    The client interval is not a problem but the number. Customers with large capacity of web and/or email space can fill up the system with 10 backups of each.
    So my question is their a possibility to limit this in the client interface to a number i can edit in the administrator interface. The best would be for each customer :)
    Or if this in not possible is it possible to hide these tabs from the client menu?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no limit function available for that setting yet, you can just activate / deactivate the backup function in the client limits.

3. invino

invino Member HowtoForge Supporter

+1 for this feature!

I'm forced to hide the backup section altogether because of this and it's not ideal as it forces the client to ask us everytime they need to access their backups.

Thanks again to the team, you're awesome :)

4. invino

invino Member HowtoForge Supporter

Another complementary feature I'd really love to see is manual backups, as stated here on ISPConfig Git repo: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/3947

As mentioned there, giving the possibility to users to backup their site whenever they need would be a big plus. Especially for websites with big activity. For these, relying on a backup that is several hours old is just not acceptable and forces us to dive into SSH to backup their files for them.