linux users and groups on second node

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Tomislav Aurednik, May 11, 2017.

1. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 for my server. I have a HA cluster everything syncs but I forgot about users and user groups. So apache wont start on the 2nd node because there are no users for clients.
    Are users and groups stored as data so I could only copy the file or do I have to create users and grups manually?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The most important part is that you enable the connect userd to groupid function under System > server config > web to ensure that your cluster stays in sync regarding users. Then you will have to copy over the already created users and groups manually from Linux passwd, shadow, group and gshadow file to the new server as the users might get wrong ID'sotherwise.

3. Yeah... I did manually copy them. The only options I find are
    Add web users to -sshusers- group
    Connect Linux userid to webid

How will this create the users when the second node becomes active?
    I found another problem. When the pacemaker wants to unmount my /var/www folder I get an error that it cant unmount the log folders for websites and the HA cluster doesn't work anymore. I see that ispconfig creates entrys into fstab for log files, so on one node I have this entries and not on the other node.