Loading configuration file

Discussion in 'Kernel Questions' started by lance, Jun 5, 2005.

1. lance

lance New Member

I'm trying to compile a new 2.4.31 kernel. I'm running

Code:
    make menuconfig

then I choose to load an alternative configuration file (I want to use my current configuration /boot/.config-2.4.25). Then I'm prompted to enter my configuration file, the problem is, it's already showing a default configuration file (something like arch/i386/config or so), and I cannot use the cursor to change the default one and enter the one I want to use - the cursor simply does not react... :mad: Very strange! What can I do to solve this problem?

Lance

2. tagammeer

tagammeer New Member

Yes, I've had this problem myself before. The solution is to copy your configuration to /usr/src/linux-2.4.31/.config as make menuconfig will look in this directory first for a file called .config, and it then displays this file so you don't have to change it anymore.

Code:
    cp /boot/.config-2.4.25 /usr/src/linux-2.4.31/.config

3. prude

prude New Member

Hi,

if you are accessing the shell via an application like SecureCRT or similar I would advise you to go under session options, select category "Mapped keys" and check the boxes for "Backspace sends delete" and "Delete sends backspace". Then the backspace and delete should work as normal. Also make sure you have set the terminal emulation to linux.