location of files to backup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ariban99, May 19, 2016.

1. ariban99

ariban99 Member

Hi,
    I bought a freenas backup server. I managed to setup rsync to pull data from my ispconfig3 centos 7 server to my free nas. I just want to confirm that i am backing up all data that i would need in case something happens to my server.
    I think I got it all working!! Please confirm

/var/backup/ (the website backup files that ispconfig creates daily)
    /var/lib/mysql (is this the mysql files for all sql including the ispconfig database?)
    /var/vmail (I think this is all the email address)

Is this all correct?

Am I missing a folder I should be backing up as data?
    I think the rest if something happens, I will just reinstall centos 7 and following the ispconfig 3 tutorial to setup a new server and then rsync these backs back to the new server and all data should be back, is that correct?

Thank you for your help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should also include /var/www, /etc and /usr/local/ispconfig into the backup.

3. ariban99

ariban99 Member

thank you very much.
    for restoring, i am told when it comes to installing ispconfig, i should select expert mode, then what do i do in expert mode?
    also is there a way to make automatic mysql dump daily for ispconfig database?

4. ariban99

ariban99 Member

to automat a mysqldump i figure it out in case anyone else needs to do it too.
    edit your crontab by typing nano /etc/crontab
    type this at bottom of file to make it automatically backup each day at 1 am, in my below example i am backing up the sql file to /var/backup, you can change this to be anywhere you want. also after -u you type the username with NO spaces between and same with after -p, type your password with NO spaces in between
    0 1 * * * mysqldump -uroot -pfasdfsdfdsa234 dbispconfig > /var/backup/dbispconfig.sql

now i have everything backed up, i just need to know how to restore everything in case i need to. what do i do in the expert mode on installing ispconfig?

thank you