Login loop on ISPConfig 3.1 using host name

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bkraul, Oct 16, 2016.

1. bkraul

bkraul New Member

I had the following issue with my installation of ISPConfig 3.1 (recently upgraded):

When attempting to login, by entering the host name on the address bar, (ie. https://vps.mydomain.com:8080), login gets stuck in a loop, continuously reloading the login screen, even though the password is correct. However, if I reach the admin site by IP address such as https://10.10.10.126:8080, the login works fine.

I did 2 upgrades on 2 different machines, with the exact same result. Then, I thought it was because of the upgrade, so I created a brand new installation, using the tutorial here , and the result was exactly the same. Anyone have any ideas what may be going on here?

Best regards.

2. bkraul

bkraul New Member

The inspector is telling me that several files are not found. Again, this is NOT because of an upgrade. It happens on a brand new fresh installation as well.
    404.png

3. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

clear your browser cache

4. borekon

borekon New Member

It is not viable to do such thing every time we want to log in
    Edit: possible solution to the problem is when the first login attemp failed, paste the following code in the address bar (don't forget javascript word at the beggining of the line).
    javascript: (function(){C=document.cookie.split("; ");for(d="."+location.host;d;d=(""+d).substr(1).match(/\..*$/))for(sl=0;sl<2;++sl)for(p="/"+location.pathname;p;p=p.substring(0,p.lastIndexOf('/')))for(i in C)if(c=C){document.cookie=c+"; domain="+d.slice(sl)+"; path="+p.slice(1)+"/"+"; expires="+new Date((new Date).getTime()-1e11).toGMTString()}})()

This code deletes every cookie in the active tab. I did it and worked fine

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Nobody asked to do it every time, you shall clear the cache once after you updated from 3.0 to 3.1 because the problem is caused by cached ispconfig 3.0 js code.

6. borekon

borekon New Member

It happened to me a couple of times since update

7. bkraul

bkraul New Member

I can confirm clearing the cache works with a new install, but it does not always work with an updated installation.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It works on an updated installation as well, you just have to ensure that you removed the cookies as well in cae that you were logged in during update.

9. bkraul

bkraul New Member

Yes, both cache and cookies were removed. Result is the same. Works on fresh installation, does not on updated. Not even the jscript provided by borekon works. However, this behavior seems to only be happening on latest Chrome. The Edge browser has no problems.

10. bkraul

bkraul New Member

In Chrome, I have found this works. Pull up the developer tools (Inspect Element) and go to the Application tab. Under the Application category, choose Storage, and clear everything. It only does it for the site which is good. For some reason, doing the global Clear of Cache and Cookies is not working correctly.

clear.png

borekon likes this.
  11. buhlerax

buhlerax New Member

Good Morning,
    I'm going through this situation in all browsers.
    Even clearing the cache in browsers, after a few minutes the login loop again.
    I am using Debian Jessie with apache and php-fpm.

12. borekon

borekon New Member

Did u try the javascript code i put above?

13. buhlerax

buhlerax New Member

Good Morning,
    I did differently.
    I entered the menu: interface / main config.
    And on the MISC tab I unselected the following options:
    Use jQuery UI Combobox and Use Load Indicator.
    Now the login works fine.
    I think it has some bug with the components
    JQuery UI Combobox and Use Load Indicator that cause the login loop

14. xeriphism

xeriphism New Member

Guys this might seem a bit... of an ignorant and somewaht necro of a post but, I encountered a similar issue and after reading THIS post anddddddddddd reading THIS post : https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/4013 I nearly had a heart attack

I was thinking ok, what did I do just before this happened. Surely I don't have to practically rewrite an object oriented javabean to make this work again, all I'd done was created another domain website and created a new table for a wordpress database... surely this wasn't some kind of rocket surgery :p I also didn't want to start messing around with the /etc/my.cfg or play with any of the other stuff because I knew I could break more..
    I was like ok, what do I do to fix this, I mean, literally having had zero prior experience I was a bit confused.
    Soooooo I slowly started piecing together what had happened is the sys_session part of the database had crashed
    I paid more attention to the exceptional Till Brehm's post

Till Brehm
    @tbrehm commented 7 months ago Owner

Sessions get saved to the database and never to the /tmp folder. What you did is that disabled the database handler, s if the database handker fails then you have a problem with your database in general or the sessions table. Your issue is not a bug and not reproducable on other servers, its a local problem on your server

more specifically...
    you have a problem with your database in general or the sessions table

So I went into mysql which I could still access. Then selected the ispconfig.db
    wanted to work out if it was general or session area that was problematic.
    as soon as I clicked on sys_sessions it told me it had crashed and needed to be repaired.
    again, no knowledge or prior experience just started thinking ok what's the go..
    few more moments with google.

I found this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4357270/table-is-marked-as-crashed-and-should-be-repaired
    Soooo after I put a check next to sys_session
    selected repair table and ET VOILA BOOM BABY we're back in.

no more loop.

I really am hoping that in the revelry of overcoming my ignorance someone else saves a few seconds or learns something new!

Jesse Norell likes this.