/login.php?err=999 after logging out

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Macias, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Macias

Macias New Member

Hi there good people!

I run ISPConfig on a server based on openSUSE 10.1 basically without any problems, except one.
    After logging out I always get /login.php?err=999 (session timed out). It doesnt really do any harm, but I'm not sure if its not harming the security.

Anyway, if anyoone has got a clue how to fix this problem or where to start looking for its reason - please give me a shout.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Does this happen no matter how long you were logged in?

3. martinfst

martinfst ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I have the same, but it doesn't bother me.
    If I log on for 1 minute and logout: err=999
    If I log on and keep the session acitive for 2 hours and logout: err=999
    If I log on and leave the session time out by itself: err=999

Refresh the screen and you can logon again. I think it's cosmetic, but if you wanna fix his, be my guest. :)

4. Macias

Macias New Member

Halo Falko.

Just like martinfst said, no matter how long does the session last 1second or 1 hour I always get the same err=999.
    I was thinking it might be the set session timeout length or the browsers fault (eg. IE causes similar error) but tested it on firefox and opera with the same result.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Well, I have the same "problem" (I've just tested). :D So nothing to worry about, the behaviour is normal.

6. Macias

Macias New Member

Thx Falko!

It turned up to be a common thing. Good to now that's nothing serious.
    But if You occasionally find a solution for it please don't hesitate to post it here.

Regards to all ISPConfig developers!

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The code err=999 is not a real error, it is the code for ended sessions in general that tells the login page to show a message that the session has expired.

Maybe the english translation is a bit misleading, the exact translation of the original german sentence is "Your user session has ended.".