logs files handling

Discussion in 'General' started by abubin, Mar 30, 2010.

1. abubin

abubin New Member

can I know how log files are being handled in ispconfig 3?

Specifically, how to make changes to log files for each domain. Like customs logs or set it to weekly instead of daily (default).

Thanks.

edit:

I just digged deeper into ispconfig and found the cron_daily.php file. Seems like this is hardcoded into the file for daily log rotate. Anyway to change this without change codes?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ispconfig uses vlogger for logging and vlogger rotates files on a daily basis. cron_daily is not doing the rotation of the logfiles, it just compresses them and deletes them after some time.

3. abubin

abubin New Member

mind showing which files to edit?

I have looked for vlogger and can only find

/etc/vlogger-dbi.conf

That files points to the ispconfig database. Is the logging configuration stored in the server? If not where is the configuration stored? Sorry I can't find where it is.

I also found /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/admin/templates/server_config_vlogger_edit.htm

Is that for editing vlogger settings? But I can't find this option in the ispconfig menu.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The vlogger configuration is in the file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf

The path might vary depending on the apache config file directory of your linux distribution. The complete configuration is just one line (the custom log line).